Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Sweet Magnolia's Farm
Advertise your Etsy Store, Blog or Website here!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

School shooting 😢

Where we just moved from😢

SuzzyQ
post Sep 17 2017, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Sugar Pie Mama
Group: Sugar Pie Sista

I have always felt bad for the people in these types of situations but nothing prepared me for the shock of having a school
shooting in the district we just moved from after 24 years. We have many friends with kids and grandkids there and it was a frightening few hours until we heard they were all safe. However........

1. Our granddaughter knows the girl who was airlifted to the hospital for emergency surgery. She was shot 3 times, once in each arm and once in the back. She is recovering well physically last I heard.
2. We have known the family of the boy who did the shooting for about 35 years. We don't know him but we know his dad especially and his grandmother. She and I have been friends and went through a Bible study together, just the two of us. She is a Godly person of strong faith and I have always admired her dedication to pray for her family. I know she was concerned about this grandson. She says that she has been asking God, "OK, what do You want me to do today?" She knows she can't change anything that has happened but she can go forward. I will go see her this week and will probably come away inspired!
I offered to go see her on Friday but she was concerned that the media would follow me or anyone driving away from her home. The local media has been gracious and kind to the family but the national media has been sneaky and intrusive. The TODAY SHOW called her before it was even on TV, asking her all kinds of questions! She couldn't figure out why they were asking all this stuff so she told them she was hanging up. A few minutes later, her other son came to tell her the news.
3. The father of the boy who was killed, died in June when the RV he was working on crushed him. That family is devasted beyond belief. The community has rallied around them and there are lots of fund raising opportunities going on for them.

I hope you will pray for all these families. They have a long road ahead and the kids are a jumbled bunch of nerves as you can imagine.

--------------------
"If we aren't having any fun, why are we doing it?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
cookiemama
post Sep 19 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #2

Sugar Pie Mama
Group: Sugar Pie Sista

Oh Susan, how awful. I can't believe how intrusive the media can be, and that family that lost a father and a son in such a short span of time- unimaginable. We came through Spokane this summer and stayed there on our way to and from Glacier National Park. I thought of you, Molly and Jana. Prayers for all the families- for healing and for peace.

--------------------
Angie ~ no blog, but the cookie jar is always full :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum  
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st March 2020 - 12:02 PM