Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Sweet Magnolia's Farm
Advertise your Etsy Store, Blog or Website here!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Everyone must be busy

Denise
post Oct 16 2017, 07:20 AM
Post #1

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper
Group: Sugar Pie Sista

Doesn't look like too many get a chance to visit here just now. I'm thinking this must be a busy time of year.

Our garden is about done but we have lots of tomatoes still coming on so I've left those plants till the first frost

We are busy updating our two front rooms into a library and home office area. Fixing and painting areas we didn't have time for while caring for my dad.
Painting walls and putting down new flooring. I am working on stripping our stairway. They were painted in order to put carpet down before we moved in but we decided not to do that so my daughter painted over them. They looked nice for a long time but now I can see wood showing through so I am getting them down to the wood and will varnish them.
Such a pretty color is the wood.

I worked for the last two days downsizing my kitchen cupboards, cleaning and refreshing them a bit. I don't know how we accumulate so much stuff. I am continuing on through the rest of the house a soon as we can get furniture back in the front rooms.

What is everyone else up to this beautiful autumn day?
Whatever it is, make it a good day!

--------------------
God is good.....all the time

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
SuzzyQ
post Oct 20 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #2

Sugar Pie Mama

I have good intentions to check in a couple times a week but life keeps interfering!!
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the autumn season.

--------------------
"If we aren't having any fun, why are we doing it?"

+Quote Post
Denise
post Oct 23 2017, 08:02 AM
Post #3

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

That's the way things go for me too SuzzyQ.
Especially this time of year. Just came back from our visit with the kids and grandchildren. Now I'm trying to get caught up on everything.
I love Autumn though so I have also been taking the time to sit on my porch with a cuppa and a book or just sit and enjoy the beauty of God's creation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Molly
post Oct 31 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #4

Sugar Pie Mama

Hi Denise!

Lovely to hear from you!!! I've been struggling with depression and not winning at life as much as I'd like. Family circumstances are changing, as is normal, and hubby and I spend a lot of time in hospitals, emergency rooms, nursing homes with our elderly parents and also on the phone with family members who need to vent or commiserate. It is tough, but expected at this stage of life. It really makes you re-evaluate your own life. Like...why bother fighting off cancer and heart disease if Alzheimer's and dementia seem to be a person's certain end?? We should be actively getting rid of our possessions, simplifying our finances and changing from life insurance to long-term care insurance instead. Not fun things to discuss. This autumn I've been busy putting up the garden's bounty and taking care of the home but not bothering with seasonal decorations. it seems it just isn't very rewarding or interesting right now. The sweet and truly bright spots of life are our grandchildren. We now have a 3 yr. old grandson and a 5-month old granddaughter. Our daughter and son-in-law are excited over the new home they are having built. it is neat to get to see their excitement.

Jesus has been my rock and constant companion throughout all of this. I lay my fears, worries, prayers, tears and immediate needs right at His feet and know that He is always there to listen and steady me. Even though God can't fix everything, just knowing He is there helps get me through it. And also the humbling...a lot of people have been through So. Much. Worse. This isn't so bad and I know that as a child of God this can most definitely be handled.

And daily through it all...there is the beauty of nature. This most wonderful, awesome season. Golden leaves falling into lovely fluffy piles. Migratory hawks hovering overhead looking for their sustaining meals and signalling that winter is coming. The sweet little peeks of Northern Lights and early morning fogs that show the earth here is cooling in preparation for winter.

Yeah, this is way too wordy and maudlin. Lol!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Nov 3 2017, 07:30 AM
Post #5

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

Molly,
I understand the depression. I deal with that also at different times. It would be despair for me if I didn't have Jesus!
It was bad in August when my dad, who was living with us passed away. Very traumatic experience for me. I had him with us for 4 years and though there were difficult times I sure would love to have him back. I know he wouldn't want to be back though. He had pain for many years. He worked hard all his 92 years and it was time for him to go home and rest.
It seems I am constantly downsizing or decluttering something. I hope I get clutter free someday soon! LOL
I downsized my seasonal stuff last year. Using touches of nature now, things I can refresh every year.

thinking of you all!
Denise

--------------------

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum  
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th August 2020 - 03:43 PM