Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Sweet Magnolia's Farm
Advertise your Etsy Store, Blog or Website here!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

You girls were right.....

mrsapron
post Nov 30 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Sugar Pie Mama
Group: Sugar Pie Sista

You girls were right - now that I am able to get back onto the site I am sad to see it is not like it used to be. I posted a Happy Thanksgiving message to everyone 10 days ago and never got any responses !!! I was so surprised, back "in the day" there would have been 7 or 8 in the first few hours. I kept looking and looking to read what everyone was doing for Thanksgiving this year but...... nothing.
Do you think everyone is super busy ?? I do understand that. I wish we could somehow make it at least "a little bit" like the good old days.
I wonder if we had a certain day once a month (maybe once a week would be too much ??) or twice a month that we could catch up and chat.
Maybe there are other reasons nobody is on so I don't want to over step with any ideas. I just always enjoyed so much our sharing homemaking tips, recipes, shopping ideas, holiday decorating, etc etc.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
SuzzyQ
post Dec 6 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #2

Sugar Pie Mama

I try to check in every once in awhile and I am sad, too. Sure quiet around here. A lot of us “see” each other on Facebook
but I love the farmhouse best.
It was our 35th anniversary the day after Thanksgiving and we went to Montana to celebrate. We went to a church service on Saturday late afternoon
that I had heard about, Fresh Life. It was really good. Afterwards, we went with friends to dinner and had a wonderful time with them. We got to sit in a cozy corner all by ourselves and the food was delicious! Such a great evening with friends.
Will give updates on the house in my other post. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

--------------------
"If we aren't having any fun, why are we doing it?"

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 30 2018, 11:01 AM
Post #3

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I try to check in but don't get here as often as I'd like. I think with facebook and other sites people just don't take/make the time to stop by. I had a busy 4 yrs taking care of my dad but he passed last August and it took me awhile to get back to the forums and such. It was easier to let everyone know what was going on using facebook. I do miss the way it used to be here. I know life changes for everyone too. More babies and young ones growing up being busy with all the tasks it takes to do those things their children need and do.

Right now I am in the midst of helping my daughter and her family as they prepare to move. They bought a larger home nearby and have 3 little ones so they can use the extra hands sometimes. Definitely when they are packing and moving things. I will be back home in a week and I'm sure after being gone 2 weeks will have lots to catch up on there.

--------------------
God is good.....all the time

+Quote Post
mrsapron
post Feb 7 2018, 10:02 AM
Post #4

Sugar Pie Mama

I enjoyed hearing about your Thanksgivings - hope your Christmas was very nice.
I am not familiar with chatting on Facebook - what page are you on for that ? Sugarpie Farmhouse ?

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 18 2018, 10:05 AM
Post #5

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I just meant facebook in general. It seems to be a busy place. Though I prefer the forums like this, I do keep in touch with my extended family there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 18 2018, 10:06 AM
Post #6

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I would have responded sooner but have been having trouble logging in on here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum  
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th August 2020 - 03:51 PM