Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Sweet Magnolia's Farm
Advertise your Etsy Store, Blog or Website here!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Oh I miss when this forum was buzzing with activity!

angeljenny
post Nov 11 2018, 02:34 PM
Post #1

Sugar Pie Baby
Group: Sugar Pie Sista

When it was busy with conversations, with ladies sharing trials and celebrations, when it really felt like a sisterhood!

I used to love to log in here to read everyone's updates. It felt cosy and safe! Like a home where you knew you could ask anything and someone would be there with comfort and advice.

I guess forums have faded with the onset of Facebook groups. I am in a few homemaking groups on there but none feel like the Sugar Pie Farmhouse.

Jenny x

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
Denise
post Nov 13 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #2

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I have stopped by occasionally but it seems no one comes by anymore.
I do believe with the popularity of Facebook many have left the forums because they spend their computer time there.
I am on another forum that is fairly active. It is www.maryjanesfarm.org
I hope it is okay to share this here.

--------------------
God is good.....all the time

+Quote Post
Radiana
post Nov 22 2018, 11:14 AM
Post #3

Sugar Pie Mama

Let's pray that somehow the facebook gals will pay a visit here...………………….I for one couldn't make heads or tails of facebook, it was just too confusing for this grammie.

+Quote Post
Denise
post Nov 30 2018, 07:34 PM
Post #4

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

Honestly, facebook is too time consuming for me. I keep in touch with family there but rarely check to much else.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 1 2018, 11:59 AM
Post #5

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I contacted Euna last night. She has been trying to get on here but every time she signs in it takes her back to the log in page. I have that problem on my phone and tablet so I have to get on here from my laptop. She said Pauline, Molly and Christy are on facebook but I can't contact them because I can't see Euna's friends list. So just praying some of them will drop by for a visit with us. So sad that this forum was so busy at one time but not now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radiana
post Dec 2 2018, 12:36 AM
Post #6

Sugar Pie Mama

I had a hard time signing on until I realized I had the wrong password, then it worked. I do know that sometimes when I'm using chrome it doesn't work. Life can be a little to complicated when it
comes to the tech world.

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 3 2018, 11:16 AM
Post #7

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I was able to get their last names from her and I messaged them. So I guess we will see what happens. We will have to pray they think about coming back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Molly
post Dec 3 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #8

Sugar Pie Mama

Well, thank goodness for Denise Pm'ing me on Facebook! I haven't been here in ever so long and am remiss in keeping up with your Sista's. But you must know that you have remained firmly in my prayers. Seems each time I've checked in here in the past there was so little activity that I thought the message board had gotten too much for Dusty and Ruthann to fiddle with and then I just kept you in my prayers. Neat to see it hasn't died out completely! I've gotten flooded with being in too many different Facebook groups and between them and family sadness this past year I sadly haven't made you dear ladies a priority and for that, I apologize. This past spring it seemed like all our nursing home situations came to a head all at once and within a month's time frame we were on death-watch with my father in law first, then my father, then my dad's only sibling my aunt. So much grieving, family angst over responsibilities and (!) estate matters. Honestly this Christmas season I am just going through the motions and giving myself a pass on the big decorating and celebrating and just allowing myself to grieve with God's help in His own due time.

This evening, the house is a little bit cozy with a minimum of Christmas lights and at least a start on the Christmas tree (the fake tree is up and the little Grands have hung their plastic ornaments all crazy-like) and it smells nice in here with the canner just now finishing a batch of 7 qts of turkey bone broth from the turkey we cooked for a delayed Thanksgiving celebration. We can never seem to gather on the actual holidays so we remain flexible and just enjoy each others' presence when we are able. This is going to continue to be a tough month, my dad's birthday was December 29 so I am being plenty easy on myself and just allowing God to help me through this first holiday without Dad. The extra challenge is trying to help Mom get through this too and knowing when to back off and give her space and when she needs us to force her out of her hole and drag her out into life aggain.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radiana
post Dec 4 2018, 03:21 AM
Post #9

Sugar Pie Mama

Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family Molly. Getting that tree up for the little ones was more than I would have been able to accomplish. Sorry you had so much heartache and loss but
one thing I know about the little ones is they get us through it all.

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 4 2018, 10:44 AM
Post #10

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

Molly, you sure have had a lot of sadness and such going on. Keeping you in my prayers.
My dad always loved Christmas and if my kids hadn't been here last year it would have been a very tough time. The little ones kept me busy so I got through it. This year there will be lots of family here again. I always love this time of year with family coming.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sunflower4jc
post Dec 14 2018, 04:07 PM
Post #11

Sugar Pie Mama

Hi, ladies!!! I, too, have missed this forum sooooo much!!! Denise, thank you so very much for pm-ing me on Facebook! Like Molly, I too would check in occasionally, but when it seemed to have come to a halt, I stopped coming. So HAPPY we're still gathering! I will certainly come much more often now! Hope more will join us!

Molly, so sorry to hear of all the losses in your life - you are wise just to sit back and take it easy on yourself right now. It will all be ok - it really will.

As for updates - life has pretty much been the same as before! With a few notable events, that is - in 2016 I spent 3 weeks in the hospital with sepsis, pneumonia, and cellulitis! Nearly lost my life, and my lower left leg, but God came through and healed me! I have also recently started up my craft business again - doing lots of crochet and knitting right now. And I started playing an online game I love - HayDay! Probably spend too much time on there! My kitty Peanut is still sweet as ever, but at 15 he is slowing down, so I cherish every moment I still have him! And that's about it - looking forward to chatting with you all here again!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 16 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #12

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

So happy to see you again, Pauline!
Sorry to hear you were in the hospital but so happy for you that all is well now.

I'm hoping and praying more of the ladies will stop in and see we are reviving the forum again and will join us.

Are you ready for Christmas? I did my baking Thursday and yesterday. We have our adult Christmas cantata tonight at church. Looking forward to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 18 2018, 10:04 AM
Post #13

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I see 300 views of this thread but only 12 posts. That is sad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 18 2018, 10:04 AM
Post #14

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I see 300 views of this thread but only 12 posts. That is sad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sunflower4jc
post Dec 26 2018, 01:59 AM
Post #15

Sugar Pie Mama

Denise, sounds like you had a lot of fun in the kitchen! I actually didn't do anything at my home for Christmas, but still had a wonderful time celebrating with friends at their home today, and am looking forward to the big Christmas/New Years party at the apartment complex where I live next Monday! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 26 2018, 09:52 AM
Post #16

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I did have lots of fun in the kitchen and most of those baked are gone. I am grateful for that. Some where taken to church for our fellowship after the Christmas program some were given as gifts and the rest the family did major damage to the rest yesterday during our game time.
It was so nice having my oldest daughter and her family and my son was here as well as my brother in law and nephew. Today we are just hanging out watching some movies, cleaning up a little. Enjoying time with my nephew and brother in law.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blessedwith3boys
post Feb 23 2019, 07:39 PM
Post #17

Newbie Cutie

I also miss it terribly! I have also joined a couple of facebook groups that are vintage themed.

+Quote Post
rosegardencottag...
post Mar 5 2019, 02:04 AM
Post #18

Newbie Cutie

I miss this forum too! It was such a blessing and encouragement and inspiration to me!

--------------------

“In a world where you can be anything, be kind”...

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum  
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:04 AM