Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Sweet Magnolia's Farm
Advertise your Etsy Store, Blog or Website here!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Christmas anyone?

Denise
post Nov 27 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #1

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper
Group: Sugar Pie Sista

I am just wondering how many have their tree up, if you put one up, already?

We always put ours up on December 2nd. My son's birthday. Have always done it that day since he was a year old. We were in the hospital the year before.
We had actually put it up on the first and I went to the hospital the next morning and told my family not to decorate until we got home so we actually decorated the 4th. Since then he, my son, always wanted us to do it on his birthday and though he will be 31 this month we have always done it then so we have stuck with it.

So I put away my autumn decor this week and I have been cleaning through to get ready to put it up then.

--------------------
God is good.....all the time

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Radiana
post Nov 28 2018, 01:05 AM
Post #2

Sugar Pie Mama

what a wonderful tradition Denise...……

+Quote Post
Denise
post Nov 28 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #3

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

Thanks Radiana!
Now that he has moved out I thought it would change but I guess not. LOL

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Nov 28 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #4

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I was so blessed yesterday to have my daughter and granddaughter come over and help me move some things around and clean.
I am at the point where I need to downsize considerably. I keep things for all the wrong reasons. LOL. I don't want my kids to have to go through it all.
I just need to go room by room. I did that over a weekend one time when my kids were still living at home, but they and my husband had gone for the weekend. The only rooms I didn't touch were their bedrooms but everything else was cleaned and sorted and I got rid of a lot. I don't know how it piles back up again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radiana
post Nov 30 2018, 04:07 PM
Post #5

Sugar Pie Mama

QUOTE (Denise @ Nov 28 2018, 09:02 PM) *
I was so blessed yesterday to have my daughter and granddaughter come over and help me move some things around and clean.
I am at the point where I need to downsize considerably. I keep things for all the wrong reasons. LOL. I don't want my kids to have to go through it all.
I just need to go room by room. I did that over a weekend one time when my kids were still living at home, but they and my husband had gone for the weekend. The only rooms I didn't touch were their bedrooms but everything else was cleaned and sorted and I got rid of a lot. I don't know how it piles back up again.

Give your daughter and granddaughter a hug for me how sweet they were to help you out. I'm working room by room myself but first off finding storage space so my clutter can be put away neatly. I've given away so much that what I'm left with is what I want to keep.

+Quote Post
Denise
post Nov 30 2018, 07:21 PM
Post #6

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

Now that my son's room is going to be available I am going to put his closet to good use. No more running up and down the basement stairs for things. Seasonal is kept down there but now it will have a new home. It will also get the bunk for the grands put in there and the smaller spare room will have a guest bed in it also. Since his room is bigger and the bunk beds also have a trundle it will be much better for the grandchildren come to stay. We need to replace carpeting and paint in there though. Most of that will get done after the holidays.
Not only do they feel freedom when they leave home but I think as parents we do to. Well, at least the freedom to do what we will with all the rooms in the house. LOL.

I sure wish some of the gals were back again. I don't even have any of them on my facebook except Euna. I feel like we are alone here Radiana. It is great keeping in touch here though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Molly
post Dec 3 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #7

Sugar Pie Mama

Is it any easier posting photos here now (can't find a way to share from my computer, sadly)? I remember from before that we were limited in the data amount of our photos and I'm not smart enough to figure out how to make them small without being too teensy to view. But I should take a snap of the current state of our tree with what the Grands did to it on our 'Faux Thanksgiving'. I haven't been motivated enough to meddle with it yet and it is still so funny looking. They are 4 yrs. and 18 mo's so you must imagine a whole lot of decorations on just the lower branches and clustered on a few branches. Lol! Christmas just isn't in my heart this year...not the usual celebratory stuff. Of course my heart is still ever so grateful for God's gift of his own son to be sent to be our saviour. That hasn't changed and feels to me to be very separate to the usual secular-influenced celebrations our country is accustomed to facing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Radiana
post Dec 4 2018, 03:07 AM
Post #8

Sugar Pie Mama

An 18 month old Molly, it's been a while is the new grandbaby a boy or a girl? We need to have a thread for catching up with one another.

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 6 2018, 09:03 AM
Post #9

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

The girls have to decided to come over once a week and help me until we get things downsized and manageable for me.

Yesterday we cleaned floors and decorated the tree. Then we pulled out the few Christmas things and decorated. Lots will be done after the holidays and I will continue to work on the house projects. ie; finishing up painting the bathroom. I have to wait till JT installs the medicine cabinet and then we have to order a vanity and sink. I wasn't sure I'd like the color we chose but it looks great and I love it.
We have lots of projects to do around here but they wait wait till we won't have company and such for Christmas.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum  
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:03 PM