Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Sweet Magnolia's Farm
Advertise your Etsy Store, Blog or Website here!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Catching Up

Denise
post Dec 11 2018, 09:54 AM
Post #1

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper
Group: Sugar Pie Sista

I know it has been a while since we have been here. I was just thinking, I have two more grandchildren that have come along since we were all here together.
In August 2016 we added a little girl, Violet Rey and this past October a little boy, Peter Jonathan. Also know as Peter J. He will be 2 months old at Christmas.
So they are now a family of 6. A very busy family.

My dad, at 92 passed away last August. He was with us for 4 years and was part of the reason I was unable to be here. I enjoyed the time he was here and I was able to care for him. He was at home until he passed. He was always afraid he would have to go to a nursing home and I am glad we never had to do that.

The day we returned home from burying my father, my daughter called to say she needed us to pick up the older two grandchildren at the ER as they had taken her youngest there as soon as she got home. He was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

So the last two years have been very emotional for many of our family. So grateful for what God has done through it all.

What have all of you been up to?

--------------------
God is good.....all the time

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Radiana
post Dec 12 2018, 07:11 PM
Post #2

Sugar Pie Mama

Denise sorry to hear about the passing of your dad, I hope you found comfort in knowing he felt comfortable and safe with you in his last years. Hopefully your grandson with diabetes will do well

there is good reason to expect that he'll be healthy by sticking with the program. How wonderful you have some new grandbabies, that's what I call a cup running over. A toddler and an infant...……

all those hugs, kisses and cuddles.

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 16 2018, 02:56 PM
Post #3

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

Radiana,
Just wish I lived closer to them so I could get those cuddles and kisses more often.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sunflower4jc
post Dec 26 2018, 02:06 AM
Post #4

Sugar Pie Mama

Denise, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad . . . what a blessing, though, that you could enjoy those last year's together. I took care of my dad the last two years of his life, and know that is a very precious time! And what a blessing your little grands must be! Hope you get to see them more often!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 26 2018, 10:14 AM
Post #5

Sugar Pie Teeny Bopper

I hope each of you had a blessed Christmas. I pray whatever you spent time doing was a blessing to you and those you love.
Ours was so nice this year. Everyone enjoyed themselves and it was so relaxing and I just enjoyed the day focusing on the important. I am just so grateful to the Lord for giving us this time to have family with us.

My husband surprised me with a few quilting things that I had been hoping to purchase eventually. Not necessities but those things that make quilting easier. Will be working on quilts for my girls this year for gifts. He also gave my a devotional bible that he knew I have wanted for quite a while. It is one put out by Elizabeth George.

My granddaughter who is 13 was so excited to give me her gift of a cute little mouse in a shoe music box. It is a Beatrix Potter which she knows I like. My grandsons gave me a Jane Austen devotional. I guess I will be spending lots of time studying. smile.gif And reading as my nephew knows I love to read and gave me a new mystery as well as a set of other books. My oldest daughter and husband gave me a beautiful cross stitched piece with the names of Christ stitched on it. Goes perfectly in our front room. She said she started it when she found out the colors we were using in that room. So much work and hours put into it. All of it stitched with love I know.
My other daughter and her husband gave me a few more quilting things to add to what her dad had given me. I have a small quilt I need to finish up for my granddaughter before I start anymore. Her mom started it and asked if I'd put the top and the rest of the quilt together. Maybe that's why she gave me the quilting supplies. wink.gif
My son gave me a handy little immersion blender.

Didn't mean to get off on a trail here but just wanted to share part of my day with the family.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Girl Talk Forum  
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:53 AM